Spectator event participation schedule and locations
7:30-8:30 a.m.: Check-in for PGA Tour/club pros and corporate teams
8:30-9:30 a.m.: PGA skills clinic – Tee No. 1
10 a.m.: Pro-am tee off
10-11 a.m.: University Credit Union putting challenge (the putting green next to the Hole No. 1 tee)
Three free putts per spectator. Participants can make a $20 or $50 putt on the spot, depending on the distance.
- Chartwells Hot Dog Hole – Hole 18 (free hot dogs)
FREE admission for spectators
There is no entry fee to attend the U Championship. We only ask that you show your U colors by wearing red at the event! This is a family-friendly event, so bring the entire clan for the best day of golf in Utah.
Who will be at the U Championship?
Participating pro players:
- Bruce Summerhays, PGA Champions Tour winner (Saint Luke’s Classic, Kroger Classic & State Farm Senior Classic)
- Chip Beck, PGA Tour winner (four-time PGA Tour champion, three-time Ryder Cup team member)
- Keith Clearwater, PGA Tour winner (The Colonial & Centel championships)
- Gipper Finau (Web.com Tour, Utah Championship presented by Zions Bank)
- Mike Reid, PGA Tour winner (Seiko Tucson Open, NEC World Series of Golf)
Want to play in the 2018 U Championship?
There were only a limited number of foursome team spots for the 2017 tournament, and they are taken for this year, so sign up for next year's event soon to guarantee your place in the 2018 U Championship. A foursome includes three amateur spots and one PGA club pro. If you want to play, or would like to become a sponsor of the U Championship, please contact David Viveiros at 801-581-3718 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spectators are free to follow all the competition at holes No. 1, No. 9, No. 10 and No. 18, which are located directly behind the Thanksgiving Point Clubhouse.
The three amateur participants in the First Place Championship Foursome at this year’s event will be invited back next year at no cost to defend their championship.