Golf schedule (open to public)
7-8 a.m.: Breakfast (players and amateurs)
7-9 a.m.: PGA player check-in tent
10 a.m.: Tee off
Spectator event schedule/location
8:30 a.m.: Putting green – Tee #10
9 a.m.: PGA skills clinic – Tee #1
10 a.m.-3 p.m.: Vendor Village open
11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Free hot dogs – Harmons hole, #18
Time TBA: U Health golf clinics
Time TBA: University Credit Union putting challenge – putting green
Five free putts per spectator. Participants can make $20, $50 and $100 putts on the spot, depending on the distance.
All day: Utah Red Zone retail tent and prize giveaways
Admission is free, and we encourage you to show your U colors by wearing red at the event! Watch for free passes throughout the valley as the event gets closer.
Spectators are free to follow all the competition at holes #1, #9, #10 and #18, which are located directly behind the Thanksgiving Point Clubhouse.
Notable PGA players will be participating in the U Championship, including:
- Bruce Summerhays, PGA Champions Tour winner (Saint Luke’s Classic, Kroger Classic & State Farm Senior Classic)
- Keith Clearwater, PGA Tour winner (The Colonial & Centel championships)
- Dan Forsman, PGA Tour winner (Lite Quad Cities Open, Hertz Bay Hill Classic, Shearson Lehman Hutton Open, Buick Open, SEI Pennsylvania Classic)
- Jay Don Blake, PGA Tour winner (Shearson Lehman Brothers Open), as well as Charles Schwab Cup Championship, Boeing Classic and Songdo IBD Championship)
- Gipper Finau (Web.com Tour, Utah Championship presented by Zions Bank)
- Mike Reid, PGA Tour winner (Seiko Tucson Open, NEC World Series of Golf)
- Many other local PGA club pros
Become a sponsor
Different levels of sponsor support are available for the U Championship, including foursome teams, multiple teams, and becoming a major supporter of the event and contributing to our charity purse:
- Founding partner
- Champions level
- Associate level
Contact David Viveiros at 801-581-3718 or email@example.com to learn more about our sponsorship levels.
The three amateur participants in the First Place Championship Foursome at this year’s event will be invited back next year at no cost to defend their championship.
Proceeds from the U Championship will benefit the University of Utah Alumni Association and its programs, services and scholarships, and will also provide assistance to the University of Utah Rugby Club.