$37,000 Raised for U Student Scholarships!
We would like to send along a great big “Thank you!” for your participation in the Young Alumni 5K race and Kids 1K fun run this year. We know that many of you join us annually for this event, and we appreciate your continued support. For those who participated this year for the first time, we hope you had a wonderful and fun experience and that we’ll see you again in the future.
- $500 Student Scholarships: Ryan Sampson and Sara Nagel
- $1,000 Student Group Scholarships: Beta Alpha Psi and the Physical Therapy Department
- Fastest female was Jamesina Simpson, and the fastest male was Trevor Baker
- Fastest faculty/staff were Kyle Jensen (male) and Tawni Jetter (female)
- Kids K winners were Macy Kartchner (female) and Justin Sebahar (male)
- Best dressed was Tami Endow (four consecutive years!)
- Largest Greek Group was Alpha Phi
||Congratulations to Laramie Riggs for finishing the race! She and her friend Amanda Newman, who raced with her, are Alumni Association Scholars. Laramie is our inspiration. She was traveling in Ecuador this summer when a bus she was riding in crashed. Laramie was seriously injured and has overcome many physical challenges. Her spirits remain high. Way to go, Laramie!
Thanks to you all for making our race such a success!
2013 Race Co-chairs
|| Christian Little