University of Utah Food Drive – Extended through Dec. 1
One in six Utah kids faces hunger. Your donation helps the Utah Food Bank and its
programs, including its BackPack Program (click on the photo for a short video).
WAYS TO DONATE
The Alumni Association has kicked off its 24th annual food drive supporting the Utah Food Bank. We ask you as loyal U alumni to help us surpass our previous collection amounts. Donating is easy, and all money and food donated goes to the Utah Food Bank at this critical time of year. The Utah Food Bank can turn $1 donated into 8 pounds of food. Scroll down for all the ways you can participate!
Make a monetary donation of any amount:
Make a nonperishable food donation:
- Click here to make a monetary donation. Remember, the Utah Food Bank can turn your $20 donation into $160 worth of food and services. Your $50 donation can turn into $400 worth of food and services to help needy families during the holiday season.
- Does your employer sponsor a matching gift program? You can check here.
- You can also bring cash donations (or mail a check payable to the Utah Food Bank) to the Alumni Association (332 S. 1400 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112), at the University of Utah (map)
- Drop off donations at the Alumni Association, 332 S. 1400 East, University of Utah (map)
Dine out at these restaurants supporting the food drive:
- Wednesday, Nov. 29: Chick-fil-A in Sugar House donated a portion of the evening's purchases when those visiting the restaurant at 1210 E. 2100 South noted they were there for the U of U Food Drive. Famous for their chicken sandwiches (and spokescows), Chick-fil-A also features wraps, salads, and more.
- Tuesday, Nov. 21: Pizzeria Limone at the 613 E. 400 South location donated 20% of every purchase when diners mentioned the food drive. Pizzeria Limone’s passion is to create the best Neapolitan-style pizzas on the planet and deliver them in a warm, inviting fine-casual dining atmosphere. Check out the menu here.
- Friday, Nov. 17: Ugurt frozen yogurt donated 20% of all purchases to the food drive. Located at 1330 E. 200 South, Ugurt features amazing hot chocolate and chai drinks in addition to great frozen yogurt and toppings. Visit them on Twitter here.
- Saturday, Nov. 11: Bjorn's Brew at 2358 S. Foothill Drive donated half of all sales to the food drive! Besides great coffee drinks, Bjorn's has croissants, fruit parfaits, and more. Check them out at bjornsbrew.com.