Emeritus Alumni Board
Serve on the board:
Board history and service
The Emeritus Alumni Board (originally called “The Half Century Club”) was founded in 1937 at a 50-year reunion of 16 members of the Class of 1887. "Emeritus" alumni are those who attended the University of Utah 40 or more years ago and/or who are age 60 or better.
Emeritus Alumni Board members provide service to the university, alumni, and the community:
- The Emeritus Health Series Talks—presentations by prominent physicians across the Salt Lake Valley on timely medical topics. Join us on Friday, March 30, from 12:30–2 p.m. for the first talk of 2018: "Aging is a Family Affair" by Dr. Richard J. Lassere, a gerontologist with Intermountain Healthcare. This free event is at the School of Dentistry building. Click here for more information and to RSVP.
- The Annual Emeritus Reunion—the 2017 event was held Oct. 2 at the S.J. Quinney Law School, with dinner, speakers, and a tour of the building.
- Selecting a Distinguished alumnus/a award recipient—as part of the university's Founders Day
- Leading the Alumni Ambassador Program—promoting good will by welcoming home and visiting team fans at basketball games, gymnastics meets, and football games
- Serving as advocates to the Utah Legislature on behalf of the university and higher education in general
- Raising funds and/or administering the annual Emeritus Scholarship, Dr. Reginald P. Farley Medical School Scholarship, Emeritus Board First-Generation Achievement Scholarship, and Emeritus Bryant Scholarship (among the association's scholarships for deserving students)
- Leading in mentoring our Bryant Scholars through high school
- Providing "Chemo Hats" and puzzles to cancer patients at Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Giving new books to underprivileged children through partnership with the Book Wagon Lady
Learn more about some of these projects at the Emeritus community page here.
Alumni Ambassador Program
Help us welcome visiting Utes athletics fans at the Huntsman Center and Rice-Eccles Stadium! If you're interested in becoming an ambassador and would like more information or to volunteer, click on the link below.
Emeritus Alumni Board
The Emeritus Alumni Board (EAB) is composed of alumni who first attended the University of Utah 40 or more years ago (or who are age 60 or older) and currently includes:
President: Cheré Romney
President-elect: Cheri Reynolds
Mary C. Thornton
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Emeritus Board, please fill out an application form (click here).
Emeritus Board of Directors Mission Statement
- Sponsor and participate in events that benefit the community, the university, and university students
- Establish meaningful relationships between emeritus alumni and the community.