University of Utah Food Drive – Through Nov. 28
The Alumni Association is kicking off its 22nd annual food drive to support the Utah Food Bank. We ask you as loyal U alumni to help us surpass our previous collection amounts. Donating is easy, and all money and food donated goes to the Utah Food Bank at a critical time of year. The Utah Food Bank can turn $1 donated into 8 pounds of food. Scroll down for all the ways you can help!
Ways To Donate:
MAKE A MONETARY DONATION OF ANY AMOUNT
- Click here to make a monetary donation. Remember, the Utah Food Bank can turn your $20 donation into $160 worth of food and services. Your $50 donation can turn into $400 worth of food and services to help needy families during the holiday season.
- Does your employer sponsor a matching gift program? You can check here.
- You can also bring cash donations (or mail a check payable to the Utah Food Bank) to the Alumni House (155 S. Central Campus Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112), at the University of Utah (map)
MAKE A NONPERISHABLE FOOD DONATION
- Or drop off donations at the Alumni House, 155 S. Central Campus Drive, University of Utah (map).
LOCAL BUSINESS PARTICIPATION
Eggs in the City
- The location at 1675 E. 1300 South donated 10 percent of sales from Saturday, Nov. 21, to the Utah Food Bank.
The following Pizza Studio locations donated 20 percent of sales from Tuesday, Nov. 17, to the Utah Food Bank:
- City Creek (51 S. Main Street)
- Foothill Village (1332 S. Foothill Drive)
- Fort Union (1961 E. Fort Union Blvd)
- Thanksgiving Point (3725 Thanksgiving Way)
The following Red Robin locations donated a portion of each meal purchased by Utah fans on Saturday, Nov. 21 (donors simply mentioned "University of Utah Food Drive" when placing orders):
- Foothill Drive (1313 Foothill Drive)
- Murray (316 E. Winchester Blvd.)
- The District (11615 S. District Main Drive)
- West Valley (3601 S. 2700 W)
- Layton Hills (1562 N. Woodland Park Drive)
- Provo Towne Center (1200 Towne Centre, Suite 1100)