Monthly Career Workshops
Current members of the University of Utah Alumni Association receive two free workshops as a benefit of membership, and Association membership is available to not only alumni, but family, nongraduates, and any other friends of the U. Additional workshops are available for purchase individually by members for $25 each. All workshops require a minimum of six participants.
For more information, contact Amy Gleason, our new Alumni Career Services coach.
Saturday, May 13: Salary Negotiation: Why It's Important and How to Master It.
"In business and in life, you don't get what deserve, you get what you negotiate." – Chester L. Karrass
RSVP required to attend. For more information, email Amy Gleason.
April 20: Discover Your Strengths to Achieve Your Professional Goals
~ This workshop will include learning how to identify, articulate, and hone your strengths to enhance your productivity, success, and job satisfaction.
March 25: Job Search Techniques and Strategies
~ In an unexpected career transition? Considering making a career change? This workshop covered the multidimensional aspects of job search and to be sure to have the competitive edge.
Feb. 25: Maximize Your LinkedIn Account
~ How to optimize your own profile and navigate the job search and networking functions of LinkedIn.
Jan. 21: Discover What You Already Have
~ How to identify your transferable skills and communicate them to others.
We typically schedule one workshop per month. We also periodically offer:
- Career Transition Workshop: So, You’ve Lost Your Job! (Part 1)
- Career Transition Workshop: Time to Pick Yourself Up (Part 2)
- Advanced Job Searching: The High Impact Approach
- Your LinkedIn Profile
- Know Thyself — Includes Some Assessment Tests
- Stay-at-Home Mom Workforce Re-Entry
Other potential workshops
- Do’s and Don’ts of Money Management When Out of Work
- The Entrepreneurial You—How to Start a Business
- Career Mapping and Development
- Overcoming Limiting Beliefs
- Retirement Careers